Minimum Energy Efficient requirements to be eligible for a 10% premium refund on mortgage insurance applications received prior to June 22nd, 2016.

Satisfy our eligibility requirements below:

  • Genworth Canada must receive all mortgage insurance premiums and fees prior to issuing the partial premium refund
  • Home must meet all minimum energy efficient program requirements based on your date of application for mortgage insurance
  • The date of the premium refund application cannot be greater than 24 months from the closing date of the mortgage
  • All supporting energy efficient documentation cannot be greater than 5 years old

Purchasing a new or existing home:

For high-rise condominium units, the building in which the unit is being purchased must be:

  • LEED© certified OR
  • The building must be the greater of:
    • 5% more energy efficient than provincial/territorial requirements (if applicable), OR
    • 20% more energy efficient than the model National Energy Code for buildings

Renovating an existing home (Purchase Plus Improvements Program):

  • Obtain a Genworth Canada insured mortgage to make energy-efficient improvements
  • Must have an NRCan qualified energy advisor perform a pre-improvement and the post-improvement energy efficiency evaluation (To contact an Energy Advisor click here)
  • Certify that energy-efficient improvements have been made to increase its EnerGuide rating by at least five points to a minimum rating of 40

To apply for the Energy Efficient Rebate please select one of the following options below:

  • Complete the Online application and upload the required documentation electronically
  • Download and complete the PDF version and submit by mailing or faxing your completed application, along with the required documentation (see below) to:
  • Genworth Canada
    2060 Winston Park Drive
    Suite 300
    Oakville, ON L6H 5R7

    Fax: 1 877 246.5509
    Attention: Finance Department - Energy Efficient Group

Documentation requirements to accompany application form:

Purchasing a new or existing home:

  • Documentation certifying your home was built under a Genworth Canada qualifying energy efficient building program OR
  • Provide a copy of the first page of your EnerGuide performance evaluation report displaying the rating of the home

For high-rise condominiums:

  • Copy of the building's LEED Certificate OR
  • Documentation signed by NRCan, the project engineer or builder that the entire condo building is greater than or equal to the minimum program requirements

Renovated existing homes:

  • Provide a copy of the first page pre-improvement and first page post-improvement EnerGuide performance evaluation report prepared by an NRCan qualified energy advisor

Refunds are processed and mailed within 30 business days of receipt of application.