At Genworth Canada, we want to help protect the environment and support consumers as they make environmentally friendly choices. Through our Energy-Efficient Housing Program, home buyers purchasing an energy-efficient home or making energy saving renovations are now eligible for significant premium savings when Genworth Canada insurance is obtained.
Note: To ensure eligibility for this program, please refer to the corresponding lender updates below addressing recent changes to the mortgage insurance guidelines:
Loans > 80% LTV - Subject: High-Ratio Mortgage Insurance Changes
Loans ≤ 80% LTV - Subject: Low-Ratio Mortgage Insurance Changes
- A partial refund of up to 25 per cent of the Genworth Canada insurance premium based on the date of application for mortgage insurance
- Available on all Genworth Canada mortgage insurance products
Mortgage Insurance Premium Refund Example:
|$300,000 mortgage @ 95% LTV
|Standard Premium (95% LTV = 4.00%)
|Energy-Efficient Premium Refund (15%)
* Mortgage Insurance Premium does not include any applicable provincial sales tax
- Homes must be built through one of Genworth Canada’s qualifying energy efficient building programs or meet the prescribed minimum Natural Resources Canada EnerGuide requirements based on the 0-100 scale or the gigajoule scale
- The date of the premium refund application cannot be greater than 24 months from the closing date of the mortgage
- All supporting energy efficient documentation cannot be greater than 5 years old
- Genworth Canada must receive all mortgage insurance premiums and fees prior to issuing the partial premium refund
For full details on the minimum Energy Efficient refund application eligibility requirements for Mortgage Insurance applications received prior to June 22nd, 2016 click here.
For full details on the minimum Energy Efficient refund application eligibility requirements for Mortgage Insurance applications received on or after June 22nd, 2016 click here.